Beef Bihari Kabab Recipe
I wanted to make Bihari kabab or kebab in restaurant style. I was not very sure about this experiment but it turned out pretty good.
- 1kg beef undercut fillet
- 250g yoghurt
- 2 tbsp raw papaya paste
- 1 tbsp crushed red chilli
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp All spice powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 large onion, sliced and fried till they turn brown
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 12-14 cashew nuts (optional)
Grind onion with yoghurt and mix crushed red chilli, salt and rest of the spices in it along with the raw papaya paste. Marinate beef in this mixture and put in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
Take oil in a pan and put it on the stove. Cook beef along with the marinade in it on high heat. The papaya would’ve made the beef fillet’s already soft so they’ll get cooked quickly. Cook till the mixture completely dries and give it coal smoke.*
After that make a layer of the kababs and put in the oven and turn on the top burner. Cook on 250 for 15 minutes till the surface of the kebabs turns brown. Serve hot with onion rings and lemon.
- To give coal smoke, put a piece of charcoal on burning stove till it turns red. Lay a small piece of aluminium foil on the top of the cooked dish in the pan and put the burning coal on this piece of foil. Sprinkle 1 tsp of cooking oil on the burning coal and cover the pan with a lid. The coal will leave smoke and the whole dish will get a smoky charcoal flavor. Remove the coal and the piece of foil before serving the dish or going to the next step.