Chicken Chow Mein Recipe
Chow Mein are stir fried noodles and there are many ways to make Yummy Chow Mein all around the world.
I am sharing below the method that I use to cook Chow-mein most of the time.
- Boneless Chicken cut in Strips 300 g
- Chinese egg noodles or whole wheat noodles 1 pack
- Black Pepper Powder 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tsp
- Oyster Sauce 2 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup 1 tbsp
- Soy Sauce 3 tbsp
- Onion 1 Small thinly Sliced
- Carrots 2 medium Julienne Cut
- Capsicum 1 cut in thin strips
- Green Part of spring onion 1/2 cup
- You can also use mushrooms, broccoli, bean sprouts and even cabbage if you like
- Sesame seed oil a few drops
- Oil 4 tbsp
Boil noodles according to the instructions on the pack. Rinse with cold water and mix some oil in washed noodles and put in a colander.
Marinate Chicken with 1 tsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp soy sauce, salt and pepper and put in refrigerator for 1/2 an hour.
Cut the vegetables.
Take 4 tbsp oil in a pan or wok and add ginger garlic paste, when it starts changing color, add chicken and stir-fry well till chicken is cooked through.
Add rest of the Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce, Ketchup, Salt and Pepper and mix well.
Add the Vegetables except spring onion and Stir-Fry for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
Add noodles and fry and mix on high heat for 3-5 minutes, mix a few drops of sesame oil.
In the end mix spring onion pieces and serve hot.